I am an integrative psychotherapist, specialising in using hypnosis within psychotherapy (Hypno-Psychotherapist) and EMDR. I am in private practice with adults and have been working on the borders of Beds, Bucks and Herts for over 14 years, having started practising in London in 1994.
I hold an ‘atheoretical’ stance towards psychotherapy – which means I don’t adhere to any one particular therapeutic theory of human psychology. My atheoretical stance has developed from my experiential and theoretical trainings in many different therapy theories and approaches. These include: ‘critical’ Social Psychology, Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Existential, Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Transactional Analysis, Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy (NLP), Body Psychotherapy, Dance Movement Therapy, Kestenberg Movement Profile, Somatic Trauma Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
My Qualifications :
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy ( ADHP(NC) )
- Diploma in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy ( DHP(NC) )
- Bachelor of Science (BSc (Open) )
- European Certificate in Clinicial Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- Fully Qualified EMDR Therapist
My Accreditations & Memberships :
- UKCP Registered
- Fellow of National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy & Mindfulness
- Member of European Association of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- Member of European Chamber of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- Member of United Kingdom College of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- Member of EMDR International Association – UK & Ireland
- Member of UK Psychological Trauma Society
- Member of European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Member of IBS Register
What I do
I work integratively, while also specialising in using hypnosis as an adjunct to psychotherapy, where appropriate. My experiential and theoretical training in a number of psychological therapies equips me to work with a variety of psychological problems. I have also undertaken extensive research, as well as additional training, in working with trauma. As there is no one approach that suits all clients or all problems, an integrative approach with a knowledge of different techniques is very helpful.
I am currently training as a Supervisor as well as working towards accreditation as an EMDR Practitioner with the EMDR Association UK and Ireland.
What I offer
I currently offer the following therapies:
Psychotherapy: an integrative approach, informed by body psychotherapy approaches, includes: Transactional Analysis (TA), Inner Child work, Affect-Centred therapy (ACT), CBT. Involves psychodynamic, humanistic and or existential approaches as appropriate .
Hypno-Psychotherapy: an integrative approach, includes: hypnosis, CBT, Inner Child work, TA and Affect – Centred therapy within a psychotherapeutic approach.
Integrative Trauma work: informed by body psychotherapy. Includes: EMDR, ‘Rewind’ technique, Somatic Trauma therapy, Affect Regulation skills and Trauma-focused CBT as appropriate.