I am an integrative psychotherapist, specialising in using hypnosis within psychotherapy (Hypno-Psychotherapist). I am in private practice with adults and have been working on the borders of Beds, Bucks and Herts for over 12 years, having started practising in London in 1994.
I hold an atheoretical stance towards psychotherapy – which means I don’t adhere to any one particular therapeutic theory of human psychology. My atheoretical stance has developed from my experiential and theoretical trainings in many different therapy theories and approaches. These include: ‘critical’ Social Psychology, Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Existential, Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Transactional Analysis, Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy (NLP), Body Psychotherapy, Dance Movement Therapy, Kestenberg Movement Profile, Somatic Trauma Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
My Qualifications :
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy ( ADHP(NC) )
- Diploma in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy ( DHP(NC) )
- Bachelor of Science (BSc (Open) )
- European Certificate in Clinicial Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
My Accreditations & Memberships :
- UKCP Registered
- Fellow of National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy & Mindfulness
- Member of European Association of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- Member of European Chamber of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- Member of United Kingdom College of Hypno-Psychotherapists
- (Trainee) Member of EMDR International Association – UK & Ireland
- Member of UK Psychological Trauma Society
- Member of European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Member of IBS Register
What I do
I work integratively, while also specialising in using hypnosis as an adjunct to psychotherapy, where appropriate. My experiential and theoretical training in a number of psychological therapies equips me to work with a variety of psychological problems. I have also undertaken extensive research, and additional training, for working with trauma. As there is no one approach that suits all clients or all problems, an integrative approach with a knowledge of different techniques is very helpful.
I am currently training as a Supervisor as well as completing my Practitioner training in EMDR.
What I offer
I currently offer the following therapies:
Psychotherapy: an integrative approach, informed by body psychotherapy approaches, includes: Transactional Analysis (TA), Inner Child work, Affect-Centred therapy (ACT), CBT, Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT); Involves psychodynamic, humanistic and or existential approaches as appropriate .
Hypno-Psychotherapy: an integrative approach, includes: hypnosis, CBT, Inner Child work, TA, SFBT and Affect – Centred therapy within a psychotherapeutic approach.
Integrative Trauma work: informed by body psychotherapy. Includes: ‘Rewind’ technique, Somatic Trauma therapy, Affect Regulation skills, Trauma-focused CBT and EMDR as appropriate.